Every student who is on the verge of graduating from the University happens to attend several placement opportunities. The vision is to get placed in a dream job at the end. But, have you ever thought that there is more to do as soon as you get your job offer?
Thank you letter for job offer samples
As soon as you receive the job offer letter, you should go through the information related to your designation, roles, and responsibilities, remuneration, benefits offered and joining date. Organizations tend to send e-mails to the selected candidates. Always print the job offer mail and keep it in your records. This will allow you to refer at a later time for any doubts.
For instance, you can always show the letter to your team leader if you are asked to take up extra responsibilities. This is an excellent piece of evidence. In your thank you letter, you should write to the hiring manager about the designation offered to you and the confirmation of the joining date. Further, you can also add details about the compensation offered to you and the human resource you should report to.
Before we offer you the steps to draft this letter, you can take a look at the samples available.
Having gone through these samples, you should follow the steps below to draft your thank you letter.
- Begin with the sender information (your detail)
- Write to the hiring manager of the organization from whom you received the job offer.
- Address the hiring manager by his/her name and then write the content of the letter.
- Begin with gratitude for offering the position at the organization as stated in the offer letter.
- In the next paragraph, detail the monetary benefit offered to you and your acknowledgment for the same.
- In the final paragraph, reassure the receiver that you will join the organization on the said date without any hassles.
- Thank the hiring manager once again and then include your signature.
As you draft the letter, you should keep several things in mind.
- Use an A4-sized paper to draft the letter.
- Ensure that there is a 1-inch margin on all sides. This will ensure printability.
- Read your content multiple times before you finalize and send it to the hiring manager. Proofread the content and maximize the readability by applying appropriate spacing and indents.
- You can differentiate important information from the rest by applying the bold style. This can highlight the crucial points.
- Print the letter, take a look at the readability and quality of the content. Revise the letter and then send to the concerned party.
- Keep your letter short and crisp. Don’t add fluff in the main body of the letter.
Offer rejection letter samples
You don’t have to always accept the job offer given. Sometimes, you may also send a thank you letter for the offer and inform your rejection along with a genuine reason. This gives a positive image of you to the hiring manager. When you re-apply to the organization at a later stage, you can still be offered a job.
When you draft a rejection letter, you should maintain a polite and professional tone. It is the same format but the content type varies.
Firstly, thank the hiring manager for offering you a position. Subsequently, inform the person the reason for not making it and request the approval for your rejection. End the letter by thanking the person again. If it is too personal, you can just mention it. Otherwise, it is appropriate to include genuine reason.
There are also cases when you feel that the remuneration is less than your expectation or you need extra time to join the firm. In such instances, you can mention the same in your letter in a polite way so that the hiring manager can reconsider your candidature and offer a suitable solution.
Printable thank you letter for job offer templates
You would have noticed several sample letters that have already made a mark among the hiring managers. You may follow the same format to write your letter. However, if you are unsure of the quality of your writing and fear that you may commit grammatical mistakes, we still have a solution for you.
We have ready-to-use templates where you can simply add your detail in respective placeholders and then send to the hiring manager. You do not have to worry about the formatting or grammatical error as all of these are already addressed.
When you progress to the next level of your career, always learn the basic etiquette and display professionalism in every activity you carry out.
Thanking the hiring manager is one area that candidates fail to perform. As a result, the relationship is always one step behind. Master this relationship hack that can leave a positive image about you!